The following are the training requirements for Australia since 2008.
Our curriculum offers five levels of courses built on the Educational Kinesiology (Edu-K) learning model.
Level 1 courses are open to all, and introduce the basics of the Brain Gym® program. We recommend starting with our signature course, Brain Gym® 101.
Level 2 courses build on and have Brain Gym® 101 as the pre-requisite. Optimal Brain Organization (OBO) is a required (core) course in the licensure process at this level.
Level 3 courses have varied pre-requisites and are geared towards one-on-one consulting work. Edu-K In Depth: Seven Dimensions of Intelligence is the required (core) course at this level.
Level 4 courses are for our professional instructors. With the exception of the Practicum course, the final course in the licensure process, a valid license is required for any course at this level.
Level 5 contains the teacher training courses and requires a valid license. Check the prerequisites carefully.
Australia follows the Core Curriculum, which is the minimum training set by the International Faculty of Brain Gym® International.
The following requirements for licensure apply to Australia only. If you wish to teach in any other country you will need to ensure that you have fulfilled the licensure process for that country and have contacted the International Faculty member in charge of curriculum in that country prior to organising any class.
There are four steps to become a qualified Brain Gym® Instructor/Consultant. The course of study will take approximately 18 months to two years. This time includes course hours, home study and practical application hours.
Brain Gym® 101 is required for Level 200 courses and above. However when proceeding through the training it is not necessary to complete all of step one before moving to the steps two and three. Be sure to check prerequisites for individual courses.
Maintaining your professional status:
1. Be a current professional member of Brain Gym® Australia Inc. (membership renewed annually);
2. Have a current Instructor sub-licence agreement (signed every four years), which includes having 48 credit points of continuing professional development in Brain Gym/Edu-K in a 4-year period through:
- Edu-K Courses listed on the International Website
- Edu-K conference hours
- participating in Forums or Faculty update days
- giving service to BGA and the community
- participating in non Edu- K courses as listed on the international website.
1. Under the current licensure requirements, ALL courses on the Edu-K curriculum count towards initial licensure and maintaining your professional status with the exceptions of Special Interest Application and Pilot courses.
2. Special Interest Application and Pilot courses only count towards maintaining your professional status.
3. For courses at levels 100, 200 and 300 that are regularly offered here in Australia, see the Courses section on this website. For a full list of courses available go to www.braingym.org.
4. Students are encouraged to experience the work from different instructors and consultants.
Professional Training (19 kB)
Uploaded: Mon 3rd Feb 2014