Name: Katharine King
Area: Yarra Valley & Melbourne Eastern suburbs
Mobile: 0410 402 487
E-mail: (Click to contact Katharine King)
Courses: BG 101
Will Travel: Yes
I am currently working part time, 25 hours a week, in my 7th year with the Victorian Education Department, assisting and supporting children with a wide variety of educational, emotional and development needs, including: ASD, APD, OCD and auditory and environmental hypersensitivities. I use Brain Gym® exercises and balances daily with the children. I came across Brain Gym® whilst working in pre-schools and immediately saw how simple and effective these exercises really are. I finished my training in Brain Gym® in 2011. I now run a private practice using Brain Gym® in conjunction with other modalities. The results I see never cease to amaze me.
Twelve years ago I finished my early childhood teacher training in the Rudolph Steiner philosophy and now blend my knowledge and experience in this area with my current work with the children.
Professional Services Provided
· I run information talks (PDs) to parents and teachers about Brain Gym® and Auditory Processing and its impact on learning and behaviour.
· I conduct one to one Brain Gym® ‘balances’ for children to help with reading, writing, listening, stress levels and behavioural issues.
· I conduct one to one Brain Gym® balances for adults for stress management and reduction
· I run one day introduction to Brain Gym® courses and teach Brain Gym 101® 4 day course
· I practice Brain Gym® with the elderly in a nursing home, working mainly with residents who have had strokes
In my work I also use Reiki, music therapy and screen children one to one to determine their Auditory Processing abilities.